Thursday 27 October 2011

Eurogamer & WCG

I was lucky enough to be able to attend this year's Eurogamer expo, incorporating the Samsung sponsored World Cyber Games. This was a fantastic opportunity to see and preview upcoming games releases, including Battlefield 3, Call of Duty and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. I also had the chance to play with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and to see the White S2 in the flesh (I prefer the black one!).My highlight definitely had to be the Alienware 3D gaming chair – I was useless at it, but it was absolutely fantastic, and the 3D graphics were stunning!

 I started the day by visiting the Samsung stand, where the gamers were beginning to gather. As the London Excel filled up with people, the hype at the WCG stand was clearly visible. Serious gamers sat for hours, battling with each other to become the world champion. And while this was going on, hundreds of people were milling around the Excel, trying out the games and generally enjoying the (extremely geeky) atmosphere. As we walked around, we had the chance to meet R2D2, Darth Vader and various other Star Wars characters, all there to enhance the experience at the Star Wars stand.

 I’ve included the link to my Flickr photoset below, so you can get a feel of the Expo, and the kinds of things that were going on.

 The Expo was a really good experience, and I felt very lucky to be able to experience some unreleased consoles and materials, as well as enjoying some retro games, including GameCube, Atari and Nintendo 64! 

No comments:

Post a Comment